Thursday, December 4, 2008

Access lab visit

I really enjoyed visiting and learning about the ACCESS lab at Daphne High. I met with Mr. Roh who talked to me about the pros and cons of the ACCESS program then gave me a tour of the lab. The concepts of the programs are great and once all of the logistics and kinks are worked out I think it will be a program that will really benefit the state of Alabama. As of right now they are the only one that is fully working and running in the Baldwin County school system but a few other schools have the equipment but have yet to have it in use yet.. I believe that all the schools will have it up and running by next year. But with this technology Daphne high school is able to offer a vast variety of courses that they would not otherwise be able to offer. They can even take foreign language classes like Chinese, because there is a high school teacher in Northern Alabama who is offering the class online. So the student just has to sign up for the online course and are able to take the class with other classmates all over the state of Alabama. I think that is so incredible!

No comments: