Thursday, November 20, 2008

Using Alex in the Classroom

As a new teacher, I would try to make full use of ALEX in my classroom. I would first obtain a membership to the website so that I could have full access of the materials. Depending on the grade level that I was teaching, I would research the grade guidelines outlined on the site to see what types of activities I could plan to gain the interest of my students. If I was confused about how to proceed with my lesson plans, I would look over some plans already on the site that was completed my fellow colleagues.

In order to help my students, I would use research of some of the websites recommended by ALEX. These are websites that provide interactive activities for students, worksheets, and quizzes. If possible, I would have computers in my classroom that gives the students the opportunity to use the virtual library offered by ALEX. As a beginning teacher, I think ALEX will be very valuable and benefit my students and I well and help us succeed as a team.

No comments: